Let’s face it, we could all do with a drink.
Stuck at home navigating the tricky task of postponing your wedding? You well and truly deserve a cool crisp cocktail.
When Boris told us we’re allowed to head out to the shops once a day to purchase essential necessities, he probably didn’t mean cocktail ingredients- so, here’s a delicious drink you can whip up using ingredients you hopefully have in the cupboard. If not, it’s defo time to add them to the essentials list!
– 200ml pomegranate or cranberry juice
– 200g frozen mixed berries
– Juice of half a lemon
– 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
– 100ml gin
– 1 large egg white (optional- if you want to top with foam!)
– 2 strips of pared lemon zest OR 2 marschino cherries, to garnish
- First up, make your grenadine.
Simmer the pomegranate/cranberry juice, frozen berries, lemon juice and caster sugar in a saucepan for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the fruit is soft and the liquid has started to reduce, strain and leave the mixture to cool.
- Pop the gin, homemade grenadine and ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels ice cold.
- Strain the mixture and discard the ice.
- Return the gin mixture to the shaker and add the egg white. Shake well until it’s frothy.
- Pour into two cocktail glasses and add your garnish. If you want to be really fancy, chill the glasses in the fridge first.
Voila! A delicious cocktail, ready to compete with any tipple from your favourite happy hour.